St. Patrick’s Day is Celebrated every March 17th, but none of us know much about it. Wouldn’t it be nice to come prepared with St. Paddy’s facts while you’re on the get go for your next Irish Pints?
8 Things we need to know about St. Patrick’s Day:
1. Original Color for St. Patrick’s Day was Blue. The Irish changed it to Green, just like for anything else, they did it all for the fact that hey are Irish. The Color Green is associated with Irish legends as the color worn by Fairies and Immortals. It was also worn by the farmers to encourage their crops to Grow.
2. Thank the Bostonians in 1737, for having the 1st St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Nope! It was not in Ireland.
3. There are at least 10,000 3 leaf clover for each 1 Lucky Four Leaf Clover
4. Leprechaun can mean two things: aqueous sprite – half or small bodied ; or “leath bhrogan” or shoe maker
5. Chicago’s Plumber Union Dye the Chicago River Green. This normally lasts about 6 – 12 hours and has been a tradition since 1962.
6. There are more Irish in USA than there is in Ireland.
7. Don’t forget to wear Green if you want to come out of the Parade alive. Only by doing so, you save yourself from being pinched!
8. Looking for “The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow”, you’re already drinking with them!
Enjoy St. Patty’s !!!